Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Five Habits After Waking-up"


I was inspired by a friend and a fellow homeschooler, Martianne Stanger.  I read Martianne's blog where I got the inspiration for this. 
We called ours "Habits After Waking-up".
Who wants their kids to learn independence and at the same time reduce the chaos that comes in the morning? ME! Sooooooooo...The boys and I brainstormed things that they should do between the time they wake up and before our lesson starts. We had some sort of a system prior to this but I think making the hand and writing on it the five habits they picked made it more concrete and a very useful reminder that they can refer to each morning.
 
 As for my younger son, I drew pictures of his 5 HAW too since he doesn't know how to read yet.  After making their 5 HAW hands, the boys put them in their headboard so they can easily look at what they wrote everyday.  
 
 
 Our goal is for the boysto make these five things really a habit that eventually, they will be part of their morning routines without even thinking about them.  I'm looking forward tomorrow how will this go! YAY



No comments:

Post a Comment